It's amazing how 5 miles can feel so different in different situations. Some days when it's a slow and steady run with no regard to time, 5 miles can be relaxing (case in point my trail run over the bridle path last Sunday- took an hour but it was so nice and quiet and wonderous). 5 miles when it's a timed tempo run on the treadmill it can be terrible. Especially since I hate the treadmill. I found myself getting nervous but pushing myself harder last night- knowing that I have a long term goal I think will be helpful. I know already that I need to push myself a bit harder as I am rarely out of breath when I run (hello- PROBLEM!!)
There's a 4 mile week today is CP this Sunday- Race to Deliver benefiting God's Love to Deliver which provides meals to men, women and children dealing with illness in and around NYC. My last 2 4 miler races have been terrible... The course is always the same... the middle loop in CP...43:45 and 44:43; that's a 10:56 pace and 11:10 pace respectively. My goal for this race is to run in 42 minutes- a 10:30 pace. Totally doable since I ran a 10-k in July at a 10:20 pace...
Wish me luck!
Total Miles this week: 7
Total Miles this month: 22.46
Total Miles since Marathon decision: 5
No comments:
Post a Comment