The last half of the week was pretty heavy in terms of running. I ran Wed, Thurs, Sat and Sun. WOW. Who knew I'd be able to run 5 days a week (also ran Tuesday). Wednesday was a 3 mile at 11 min pace but i only made is 2.5m before my shins were just too tight to continue. I did a bunch of cross training and called it a night.
Thursday we were back at the dustbowl. Work had really taken a toll on me and emotionally I was drained, I thought the workotu would follow the path that work had, however, the opposite was true. I ran 1000s w the group and ran 7:45, 7:43 and 7:29 (4:50, 4:51 and 4:41)pace in the 3 1000s respectively. I was super impressed and really happy with these. The week prior I had run 5:03, 5:05 and 5:10 on the very same track. perhaps I wasnt pushing myself? Or was it that I was so uncomfortable on Thursday I didnt care if I was physically uncomfortable?
Friday was terrible. Let's leave it at that.
Saturday I woke up after not a ton of sleep (unrelated to the terribleness that was Friday) I took a cab just over to the other side of the queensboro bridge. (Imagine telling that to a cabbie- Queens please, just over the Queensboro bridge!) I ran over the Qboro bridge (huge non event, but perhaps at mile 15 its terrible? idk the hill on 5th ave at 23 is WAY worse), onto 1st avenue, up to 96th street (started having some shady characters and I wasnt in the mood) then west on 96th street until I hit the park, through the dustbowl onto the Loop. I was looking to running to 110th street and then up 5th ave, but I thought I needed to pee so I was going to run to the Great Hill and once I ran Harlem Hill I didn't feel like turning around and thought perhaps the half was counterclockwise (which i discerned was false just into the run since tons of people were talking about it) and continued onto the 86th street transverse, crossed the park and then ran down the Loop to 72nd, over to Park and down Park because it was summer streets. I finished at a respectable 1hr 53 min (10.5m) which was OK. It was tough though.
Sunday I ran a measly 2.5 m. Wasnt in the mood, was humid, had stomach issues. I dont know.
The half is Sunday, I'm looking fwd to taking it easy this week. We shall see.
1 comment:
Considering the summertime humidity, just getting out there is most important. 5 days last week is great! Good luck on Sunday!
Post a Comment