Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Decisions

It's really tough for me to run and do weight workouts. I think I'm just one of those persons who needs a lot of rest. I think I always have been in fact.

TnT practice starts on 1/30. While I'm excited I'm kinda not. It's a lot of practicing for a half marathon. Especially when I could be up back at half level relatively quickly (in terms of distance).

I don't want to switch to a whole marathon bc I dont want to. If I do decide to run a whole, it's going to be NYC in November.

So, now what. Do I strength train through say March and then ramp up? Do I work on speed and keep my long runs around 8 miles?

My thoughts are to run 1 tempo run a week, 1 speedwork/hills and 1 long run. More than likely this will be Wed and Sat and then 1 other day depending, prob Tuesday bc I seem to be able to make it to the gym Tuesday and then do yoga. SO that's running Tues, Wed, Sat. OK. Then weights. Monday, Thurs? I think that might work.

Weights Monday, Thurs. Running Tuesday Wed, Saturday. Off Friday, Sunday.

DOne.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I have a problem of sometimes peaking too early for a marathon because I get over excited too early. This may have happened to me last year, where I nailed the 18 miler a month before NYC, and then tailed off from there.

I think it is a great idea to get in half marathon 'shape', and then if you do NYC in November, you can start to work your way from 13 to 26 starting like 3 months before.

Like you, I need rest too. 3 runs per week is about my max. I always need a rest day after hard work, and if I push to much I feel I might get injured.

Your plan seems sensible. Good luck!