So I have a 'bad' back. I hate to say it like that so perhaps temperamental would be a better description. Regardless, I get back spasms. I occassionally take muslce relaxers. I get massaged often. So of course as soon as my physical therapist/masseuse hits the road to get married and honeymoon my back throws a fit. I tried walking. I tried stretching. I tried yoga. I tried a muscle relaxer. And finally I tried wine. Nada. After an uncomfortable (6.5/10) day night and day I took a nap and woke up feeling like I could exercise. I pledged to just get to the gym. Just walk on the treadmill and stretch if nothing else.
I get there. See that there's a HIIT 45 min class and walk in. What??? I wasn't sure I was going to be able to walk into the gym and all the sudden I'm doing non stop exercises for 45 min. Then I see myself (and I write it like this bc I don't know what in the world compelled me to do so) headed upstairs and jumping on a treadmill. What??? I ran 3 miles at a 10:54 pace. I guess the HIIT woke up my muscles? Not sure but was happy given the situation.
Onward and upward. 4 wks left.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your back. I have similar issues with my back and it goes out (badly) every couple of years. Nice workout and hope it gets all better fast...
Post a Comment