Tuesday I was supposed to run with TNT in the park and do a 5k at effort level 4 to see which long run group you're placed in. i think the strategy is a bit complacent however, because if I race at 9:50/mile speed I think tempo runs should be faster, not slower which is where TNT will place you. At that race speed the long run speed group is 11:30. I already run in teh 11 min pace group and want to move up to 10:30 to be aggressive in terms of training and what I need to get done.
4:20 is my ultimate marathon goal. 4:30 I will still be ESCTATIC about and 4:40 is my real goal.
Tonight is Urban Athletics running. I don't really feel up to it but I have to remember running is more mental than not and I need to hang in. I did really well last Thursday so I am excited to see if I do OK tonight when the humidity is down a bit. I don't know what the workout is which is a bit nervewracking but I know they did tempo on Tuesday as did TNT so it won't be that again (at least I hope not because I will die). I hope its dustbowl sprints (1000s repeats) or strides. Or reservoir. All of those I am OK with. Just not tempo please!!!
Tomorrow I need to get my butt out of bed in teh am and head to the gym for arms and abs. I havent done nearly enough this week. In fact I havent done them since Sunday since I've been feeling a bit under the weather. I'm not sure what exactly is wrong but I feel liek I need to spend the weekend in bed. Unfortunately it wont be this weekend either!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment