Wednesday, September 22, 2010

4m pacing run

Last night TNT's workout was this: Course: 4 mile loop. 72nd St. transverse up to the 102nd St transverse, cross over the west side, head south back down to the 72nd St transverse, back to Bethesda How to run it: You're going to warm up – nice easy pace – to Cleopatra's Needle (the obelisk right behind the Met). From there, run at your long run pace to E. 102nd St. Once you turn left onto the 102nd St. transverse, pick up the pace to your half marathon or marathon pace (if you're not sure what that is, run at about 75% effort), and continue that pace until W. 86th St. (traffic light at top of the hill). From there, try pushing it to about 80% effort level to W. 72nd. That part of the course is all downhill or flat, so it should be easier to push it and challenge yourself. Cool down back to Bethesda.

I ran in 39:12 which is faster than I normally run in general. Factor in that the first mile or so was definitely at talking pace, we definitely picked it up during the 3 bitches. Mentally it was tough for me given I had run the course how many times this wkd?!!?! I ran with TNT but also brought a guy from work who runs so that was very helpful. I did stop for water 2x.

My killer blister is back today and very very tender. I need nu-skin apparently. Right now I'm just trying to get through the week.

Today is an off day because of lack of time in general. This wkd is a mess. I have to pack my apt and my bf's apt and paint walls in each apt with respective paint (what BS!!!).

I like my ROCKED IT tag. Makes me feel good. Even if it was only 4m :)

Thursday is running after work. Friday is arms/abs and some legs in the am and then at night I have to pack and get organized. Saturday will be my long run- 16m-ish and Sunday will be yoga and a recovery run.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice workout, and smart pacing. Sorry about the blister, I (literally) feel your pain! Sadly, I find bad ones take 5-7 days to get a good heal going.

RunToTheFinish said...

i like doing tempo runs with a group, it really helps me to push!