Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Spanx-giving

As the title implies, most of us will overindulge this weekend.

Ironically, that grosses me out. I tend to be so conscious over Thanksgiving because I just can't believe the idea of gorging yourself until you're so full your body has to go to sleep to deal with the digestive task at hand.

I always run on Christmas am and Thanksgiving am. This year, I will be power walking but same thing, right? (I'm not convinced- when you google 'cardiovascular benefits of walking' a whole bunch of over 50 sites come up-yawn!! ) I tend to eat egg whites with fruit for breakfast, nibble on healthier hors d'ourves and then load up on salad and have only plain green beans, yams and turkey for dinner. Overall a normal if not slighly heavy caloric day.

And oh, Friday, yes, let's talk about Friday. Friday my mom and I wake up early and go outlet shopping- I love it. I honestly think it's one of my favorite things. Best part is, we miss the crazy shoppers because they go at midnight and we wait until 5 am (who knew!)

I am a bit sore today- I presume from spin. Was OK not great, there were two chatty younger Indian girls in my class (Columbia from their age??) and finally I had to turn around and say "SERIOUSLY? STOP TALKING". They complied. I guess I was scary. Still. I use spin as my downtime, my 'let your brain recover' time. I don't need to hear your chatter.

Happy Holidays all! Try and get that walk/run/jog in (not that I'm preaching or anything).

No comments: