So as runners we know our footsies are important.
As my blog readers you know I've had quite a few foot ailments. All topical (thankfully), but issues nonetheless.
This summer I was plagued by blisters. PLAGUED. Blister after blister, on top of blisters etc. Terrible. Who knew that one day of cotton socks would send me into a downward spiral for a month!
This late summer/early fall I was plagued by plantars warts. These little suckers went undiagnosed on my foot for almost a year (mainly because of winter and other blisters). I went to a podiatrist as soon as I realized it was a plantars wart and there are three methods of treatment as follows:
First-line therapy Over the counter salicylic acid
Second-line therapy Cryosurgery, intralesional immunotherapy, or pulsed dye laser therapy
Third-line therapy Bleomycin, surgical excision
I am now on third-line therapy... this will happen either next week or the week after. For now, I have a third degree burn on the bottom of my foot which is what the podiatrist did to try and shrink the warts pre surgical excision. GROSS.
Long story short- My foot is en fuego. Somehow 'on fire' doesn't do it justice!
I am still intent on working out today. Arms/Abs/Squats/Lunges. I think I can do some circuit training although I'm not looking to battle the crowds at the gym. I did 30-day Shred on Monday and took yesterday off because of the foot. I'm scheduled to run tomorrow and think I can wrap it and make it happen. We shall see.
So far- 2 lbs lost on this weight lost quest. 10 lbs to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment