Friday, January 14, 2011

Running

Last night I was frozen from being outside for 5 min ('feels like 5' source: weatherchannel.com) but went to the gym just because I was getting a massage later on and couldn't go home. I thought I would run 2-3m, stretch, steam and shower before a leisurely dinner and perhaps a mani. Instead, I got on the treadmill and ran 6 miles. I haven't run that often whatsoever since the marathon. I ran 2m on Monday, 2x I ran 4-5m with my boss and 4m the week after the marathon. That is 4x in 10 weeks- pathetic. Last night when I was on the treadmill (WAAAAY too cold for outside) I honestly felt alive. I felt like I felt better than I have in months. I felt like I was powerful, calm and able to conquer whatever I may need to do.

I need to get a plan and stick with it related to running. While I know its nuts I think I might run the More half marathon. I know its 2 laps in the park but it's also familiar stomping ground. I loved the Manhattan half because you know what to expect and can practice there. Another idea is the NJ Shore half but that's way more complicated.

foot is status quo- may be dug up next week. gross.

Nothing else to report- fun weekend coming up. I hope to make it to the gym today. Waiting on a delivery though...

No comments: