Wednesday, March 16, 2011

That time of year

It's about that time of year as the layers begin to peel off (however slowly) that I begin thinking about running. In fact, my first real race ever was the Scotland 10-k on March 31, 2008 in 1:10:17.

It's amazing to think in 3 short years how much I have accomplished. After that first race I trained myself for my first half which was Gretes Gallop in Central Park the first weekend in October in 2008 (2:20:18, my best time to date).

After that I signed up with TNT and ran my first Marathon- NJ Shore in May of 2009 (5:23:26)

I then entered the NYC lotto, got in and ran in November 2009- less than 18 months after my first 10-k!!! Pretty crazy huh? (4:59:46) What an amazing feeling that was.

Since my first 10-k I have run 24 races with NYRR and 3 marathons (2 NYC, 1 NJ Shore). I also ran a half marathon in San Diego (2:30?) Crazy times!!!

I have not run any runs since the NYC marathon last year. I consciously did not run my 9th run, as to not tempt and tease myself this year into a delusional NYC marathon entry. I want to run this summer, keep up my 1/2 marathon training but I do want to work on speed and effort and being uncomfortable. At the end of the day, I am not happy that my best half marathon time was my first. Sounds kinda crazy.

Bronx half 2010- 2:22:28
NYC half 2010- 2:26:08
Bronx half 2009- 2:27:12
Manhattan half 2009- 2:26:17

In terms of my goals for this half, I would love to beat my Manhattan half time of 2:26. That race was 'feels like below freezing' at the time which was terrible. I do think, that perhaps it wasnt a counterclockwise race as this one is.

No comments: