Friday, April 22, 2011

My last run

So I havent run in a while, well not consistently. I have been using the dreaded elliptical (which Ive come to not mind lately). I am itching to run again.

Last night I went on a 3.6m run/walk with my boss. I talked the whole time and had no issues with the hills and talking in CP. That made me feel really strong. I couldve run more but was time constrained on the back end and we started really late since we both got caught up at work. For whatever reason it was nice to feel 'strong'.

I am currently up, headed to the gym, and then will continue on with some errands. I need to pack myself and my bf and get ready for my work trip which is tacked onto vacation. It's a lot of bags to say the least. And a lot to remember between vacation, a wedding and a work trip. All int he Caribbean mind you. Work attire in the Caribbean is tricky. I also need to stop by the office and catch up on a few things, clean my desk, AND get my pc. Somehow making sure I was fully organized yesterday was super overwhelming. The nail place I love (and need to go to) is over there anyway so I figured, hell whats the difference.

I am super excited for warm weather. I am bringing my running shoes, skirt and a few tops. Some tennis stuff too and will wash it out as necessary. I only brought 3 outfits and we'll be in Virgin Gorda/St Thomas for 7 days. Not a great ratio, but hey, we'll hike and swim and be active and I am so excited. I am also excited to lounge and sleep.

This week was a weird busy one for me. Monday I did weights for 45 min. Tuesday I missed bc I was exhausted and wanted to run outside. Wednesday I had my trainer and did 30 min elliptical. Last night I ran for call it 40 odd minutes. I am headed to the gym now to get 30 min of elliptical in and then an hour of weights w the trainer. It's the best I can do right? Well honestly, for this week it felt like it. I was at work from 830-9 Monday, 730-9 Tuesday, 9-10 Wednesday and then yesterday was an easy day clocking in from 845-730.

Anyway back to running. I might be here for the womens 10-k now so I am hopefully going to sign up for that soon. I need more goals though, tangible, soon-ish ones!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very jealous - have fun!