Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finally a hill workout

So last week's hill workout was miserable. Last Thursdays run was also miserable. My legs feel like lead and I am exhausted and really out of breathe. So much so, that I skipped this weekends run in order to give myself more resting time.

Dum dum dum.... yesterday was scheduled as a hill workout. This week marks 15 weeks until the half. I know it's a lot of time, but I wanted to really work on speedwork and strength and here I am hardly able to run 3 miles at a 12 min pace- HOW did that even happen. I blame the anesthesia. Nothing else changed. The day before surgery I ran 2m at a 10:45 pace PRE hour long trainer workout. That was three weeks ago today. Insane.

So yesterday I did my hill workout which went something like this: 1) Warm up for 10 min (I walked 5 and ran! yes ran! 5 minutes (at 12min pace but still) and then did 5 intervals of hills. Each interval was 2 min at 4.0 incline at 5.0mph pace followed by 1 min of 5.2mph pace (11:30) followed by 3 min of recovery (where I walked- recovery is recovery). Then after the 5 intervals I ran another 5 min and then walked 3. Overall it was a 46ish min workout (the last interval i didnt do the 3 min of walking, I walked 1 and ran 5) so that was really satisfying.

I am def starting to feel better. my stitches in my nose even partially came out! hooray! Almost three weeks later but oh well.

I am hopeful that this Thursday I will be able to run another 3-4m and attempt to run 4-5m this Sunday/Saturday but know that if I run 3m its still the first week I've been able to run 3x so take it for what it is. I know there is plenty of time, but jeez! Meanwhile, our bike race is in 6 weeks and I've only ridden my bike once. WHOOPS.


No comments: