Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Update

Well  I have been obviously missing since my surgery.

I had septoplasty on 7/21 and boy is it a surgery. It was a Thursday and I did struggle to recover. My surgery was for 8 in the am on Thursday which was ideal because I was home by noon. And yes, I even managed to have a light lunch. It's really hard to do anything when your nose is impacted. You need your nose to do absolutely everything. I was breathing out of my mouth for quite a few days. Overall the surgery was uncomfrotable but not painful.

I did have anethesia, morphine and vicodin- who knew! Thursday/Friday were really tough with a whole lot of doing absolutely nothing. Saturday I finally started to get better and lo and behold, Saturday night came down with a fever. Sunday was awful. My fever spiked up to 102 and I was achey and just miserable. Monday was more of the same. At my post-op doctors appointment my lovely doc (who I do really like) let me know that I had caught a cold or more than likely a virus of some sort. I was on antibiotics and she calimed my nose was healing well so just to push fluids and rest. Monday night I seriously was in tears. So much pain, so much discomfort and a fever that wouldnt break from its 102/103 threshold even with ice packs on my head and under my arm pits. Monday night my fever finally broke and I ended up taking Tuesday off because I was exhausted.

Anyway last week was hell back at work... I consistently felt like I had walked into a shit show. Wednesday I was really quite out of it and Thursday was a 13 hour day. Friday I got home at 7 pm and got into pj's. I didnt get out of bed (for more than an hour) until 7 pm on SATURDAY! So yea, still recovering. I finally worked out yesterday. 25 min weights workout. The positive is that I was using my 18 lb kettlebells which is what I was up to 10 days prior. The bad news is that I was exhausted, sweating like a pig and had an abnormally elevated (for me) heartrate.

I think I am going to attempt our TNT hill workout tonight. I need to just throw myself back into it? right?

No comments: