Tuesday, October 4, 2011

As you can all probably tell, I'm not really feeling it this 'season'. I don't know why that is, I really don't but I intend to force feed myself running to get through the next few weeks leading right up until Thanksgiving. I chose this. I chose to race in Philly. Why can't I focus?

I was sick last week with a cold/fighting off the office disease everyone had. Pretty nasty. I am still feeling slightly under the weather but overall, OK. I worked out Friday, Saturday and walked Sunday (is walking 5m a workout?? I think its not, its just part of being healthy?). Yesterday I went to FlyBarre. FlyBarre is FlyWheel's (the Soul Cycle spin out) answer to the Bar Method. I can't really explain what the routine was like but it was massive repetition, small movements and you used a bar, a ball and some bands. Basically, hell. My legs hurt so much and my ass does too. It's weird hurt though, it's intenal hurt. like as if your leg's internal deep muscles were exhausted. Very interesting. I will be attending next week as well.

Tonight is a 4m run with TNT. I need to get back into it. My race is Nov 20. Plenty of time. In fact it's 6 weekends away. I ran 10m the weekend before last. 9.25 the week before that (as my long runs). I need to have more faith in myself.

We'll see.

On the allergy shot side, i am dying! Allergy shots are the worst. They are so archaic. They burn, they itch, they're terrible!!!

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

just think of all the fun you are going to have meeting so many great bloggers...that is what is keeping me motivated right now :) being sick makes running a whole lot harder!