Friday, January 30, 2009

and so what? im still a rockstar

I ran almost 11 miles last night in CP. 10.85 to be exact. With Nicole. I was freezing. And I didnt bring gu or water- I kept going the last 3 miles by talking abotu Gatorade- I thoght Nicole was going to smack me on the head- lol.

Had you told me last year that my trailing 7 day mileage would be 33 miles I wouldve laughed at you. Because I wouldnt have believed it myself. I'm now wondering how much of this really is mental. Like if I repeat "I can do this" enough times, can I?

Alex sent me an email that I wrote to him apparently in January 08 and it says "I could never run 15 miles!!!!" Sigh. It's on my to do list for February that's for sure. I'm going to run 15. Skipping 14 altogether. That's nice at least.

Race is on Sunday. Wish me luck. I want to run under 41 minutes. My previous PR is 41:30 so not a huge improvement but I'll be running alone. I'm pumped (I think!!!)

No comments: