My knees were quite tired after my GWB run.. I got a massage on Sunday and actually my knee started to hurt more! I think my muscles in my inner thighs were tight bc of my IT band and pulled on my knee. Monday I did my strength training... well I did squats, leg extensions and hamstring curls... then i did arms and abs at Equinox. KILLER. 30 min of rotating arms and then abs (a duh) exercises.
I took Tuesday night off because quite frankly I wasn't feeling it. just wasnt. Last night I tried to run but my knee twinged once at 0.8miles and instead I did arc and elliptical to total almost 40 min and simulate the run of about 3-4 miles.... I also did squats, lunges, leg extensions and hamstring curls... i really shouldve followed the cross training bs and done all the other things, but i suppose one step forward, right?
i just read through how much i've run each month and in how many runs and i feel good about it. we have 2 whole months left. and im going ot rock them.
I ran 52.6 miles in December in 12 runs.
I ran 86 miles in January in 12 runs.
I will run 80 miles in February in 11 runs.
WOW.
My long runs in reverse order of occurence sfor the last 2 months will be: 17, 15.25, 13.1,10.85, 13.1, 12,11,10
pretty damned good, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment