Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thursday thinking its Friday

well I woke up today thinking it was Friday. Nope, still Thursday. The good news is that I've been sleeping pretty good. 2 nights of solid, my-arm-is-asleep-oh-wow-its-only-2-am sleep. Awesome.

Last night I ran 4 miles on the treadmill... I kinda wanted to run more but had dinner plans. Was for the best. I haven't run on a treadmill in a really long time. It actually was not so fun. I like outside way more. I ran mile 1 at a 12 min pace, mile 2 at an 11 min pace, mile 3 at a 10 min pace and just to spice it up ran 4 alternating between 9 and 9:30. A 9 min pace really is way too fast for me. I was comfortable all the way through 2.75... my 10 min pace definitely needs improving.

This is OK for now since we're looking to run a steady 11:30 for the marathon. If I do end up running say NYC in the fall I want to move up to a 10:45/11 pace... which I know isn't much, but let's face it, it is. Even at an 11 min pace we're looking at a 4:48 and at 10:45 pace we're looking at a 4:41 pace. This sounds years better than my expected 5:05/5:10/5:15 finish.

Have I talked about my marathon goals? Well if I have please bear with me. If I have not here goes:

So you're supposed to have 3 goals. Drop dead, Solid amazing and OMG EVERYTHING IS PERFECT. My drop dead goal is 5:30. I think that 12:30 min miles is totally reasonable for a drop dead goal. My solid amazing goal is 5:15 this is 12 min miles. 12 is very do-able and I'm comfortable we can accomplish that. My OMG EVERYTHING IS PERFEFCT Goal is a bit more complicated. I seriously believe that since it's a flat course we can run in 5:01 which is 11:30 miles.... I would say anything under 5:05 which is 11:38 min per mile... I think given potential bathroom breaks (hoping for none), stretches and slowdown at the end that we can accomplish this as well. So we'll see.

The synopsis. Hoping for 5:05, aiming for less than 5:15 will not cry until 5:30.

Over and out.

Drinks tonight w some other TNT'ers who ran Rome. Looking for some advice!

No comments: