Wednesday, July 7, 2010

first TNT run of the season

so of course my first TNT run of the season was a Tuesday, post 4th of July, 18 weeks before Marathon day. It was also 102 degrees out. The heat was a thick wall of nastiness let me tell you.

I actually wanted to bail but both my mentor and go to coach talked me out of it. I left my desk at 6:30 and lo and behold, when I went into the bathroom to change I realized I had not packed shorts. A quick trip to nike and I was on my way, late, like usual.

I speedwalked (sped walked?) the 1.5m to cherry hill (why not just call it the fountain where the JPMCC ends???) and then found out our workout was to be a 4 m loop (intermediate) with whatever effort level you could muster. I had had 2 glasses of wine Monday night (Rombauer- not worth it for Chardonnay) so i think that made me a bit more dehydrated in combination with my allergy pill for Tuesday. Halfway through the run I had to take a breather and I did walk a lot of the East side of the park, mainly bc I was goosebumpy.

We shall see. No real headache today (slight this am) so I'm on top of that at least.

I joined Urban Athletics for speed training Thursday nights. We shall see.

No comments: