Friday, July 23, 2010

Urbans Thursday Class

What we did last night was horrendous. I was hoping for not tempo and what I got instead was a 5k sprint pace run with breaks. Basically we ran a 10 min warmup (at 9:30 pace) and then did a weird variety of 100's (200, 600m then 400m then 200m etc etc in no particular pattern). We took breaks after each effort (again which was sprinting) and at the end we had out '5k pace'.

I ran 24:12 which I was happy with because I also had to walk at one point because I was so naseous and by naseated I mean the vomit was almost in my throat. Gross? 100%!!! I came up the seond of the three bitches (the nickname of the 3 hills on the west side according to Coach Rob- and last night they sure were) which ends at the Reservoir and hit a vendor guy... well not hit but you know, caught up with.

And I smelt hot dogs. WOW. I love hot dogs but HOW GROSS when you're coming off of 2m of sprints. I can't even explain how gross I felt and how close I came to barfing.

All in all I am happy that I ran well. I think I def couldve been faster but c'est la vie. Next time!!!

Today I even made it to the gym for arms and abs and tomorrow even though the heat index is 105 I will be in the park running laps w the team. 9-10m is planned. How gross does that sound? Just to reflect... last year this weekend I ran just under 12m out in East Hampton. Last summer weas no where near as hot as this one has been. I would like to be a beach bum this summer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your blog from Bridges Runner-I too do speed with UA and was at last nite's workout...funny, someone else said what you said about the hot dogs at I think west 86th? Agreed, it was a tough workout but I thought it was fun. I used to do just Tuesdays but now I do both days-I'm sure I'll see you around on one of these Thursdays :)