I went for a quick run in the park tonight. I find it to be easy to do 30 min in the am and a nice release/break to run 30 min at night. I'm blessed that its that easy for me. The park backs up into our building so the lower loop is at my fingertips. From my office to the park and one lower loop and back is about 3 miles give or take. Its perfect for a 30 min run. I need to start remembering my watch though because looking at the park o meter is really not that great of a watch when running sucha short distance!! oh well though. tonight isnt supposed to be about speed- just about loosening up the legs.
tonight my achilles and calves felt tight. I've been good about wearing flats most of the time even at work but I dont know what it is. I need more stretching/icing I suppose.
Overall an easy run. 30 min nothing to write home about. Another checked box in a seemingly never ending mess of columns and rows of boxes representing all the workouts between here and November 7th!!
Part II: tuesday am workout
i love yoga. a lot. my mom is now a certified yogi. it's something i might consider doing in the future. i can now do tripod. it's a recent thing. but BOY am I excited!!!
TRIPOD POSE (not me)
i don't know how i just went up sometime last week but i did. I think its more core strength than anhything else. OH! And I love the teacher at equinox. She's great. "push down to lift up" I can still hear her, and she's right!! It works! So anyway- this am I woke up at 7 to get to a 730 yoga class. It ends at 8:30 and I can be walking out of Equinox, coffee in hand by 8:50. Pretty nifty eh? I am sitting at my desk by 9:15 if the subway cooperates. Could be worse!
Tonight: Urban.

No comments:
Post a Comment