Monday, August 9, 2010

Soul free

This weekends run was not my best. I didn't have my heart and soul in it. It was perfect weather but I was tired, both physically and emotionally. I felt drained, and rushed, and just tired. Every step felt like my legs were being sucked into the ground just a bit.

Overall it was hard.

I managed to run 11.25miles which isnt horrendous, it just isnt the 14-16miles that is on the advanced TNT schedule and the 11.25 miles isnt what all my blogger and real life friends are doing. So I was disapointed. Looking fwd this weekend is the Bronx half and the weekend after I am going to Florida so it's VERY unlikely I run any distance there. It will be a weekend off. Yes, I am allowed to have those! Promise!

Seeing as it was Summer Streets we ran down Park Ave, over the Brooklyn Bridge, back up the Manhattan Bridge and then back up Summer streets to 66th street (I just couldnt get the energy to run up the little hill on park to 72nd street) and then back to 23rd. 11.25m. Sigh.

General comments in no order because I'm not in the mood:

-the brooklyn bridge is really quite steep and long
-cement seems to drag all energy out of my legs
-i hate upset stomachs
-i almost twisted my ankle in a pot hill on park ave
- i like summer streets
-while stopping for pictures is cool it definitely messes up my running flow
- i felt strong on the hills, stronger than i woudlve in the past
-crank gels are good, i really like them (www.cranksports.com)

The average pace was 11ish so that wasnt too terrible although given the weather I really feel like I shouldve been pushing 10:30s. That was the time to do it. It was perfect weather, perfect streets, perfect eveyrthing, but I did not have the perfect run.

I rushed when I got home because I had to catch a train and go visit a sick friend. Saturday was a long day. I left work early Friday and went home to lounge/nap at 4 pm. I went to sleep around 10:30/11 and woke up at 5:45. So decent sleep. Saturday night I went to sleep at 9 (yes, 9) and slept through 745 am on Sunday. nice. Last night I slept 9.5 hours. Why am I so tired?

This week:
today: 30 min weight, 30 min run scheduled for tonight
tomorrow: 60 min vinyasa yoga in the am, hills in the pm
wednesday: tbd, workout of some sort
thursday: tbd may be babysitting in which case the run will have to be skipped and i will have to do it solo in the am
friday: weights and yoga
saturday: off day? say it isnt so!?
sunday: bronx half

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Question about the RAID bomb: do you need to take everything out of your apartment, or is it safe to do it with clothing/bedding/etc in there? I have an exterminator coming this week who is going to spray all the baseboards with something, but maybe I'll go for a RAID bomb if that doesn't finish the critters off.

Don't stress about being just a few miles behind schedule - you can make up for it later when you're feeling better.

T said...

You basically described the weekend I had two weeks ago. I won't say this weekend was miraculously better, but two weeks ago I just couldn't do the distance. Couldn't. This week at least I could, albeit sluggishly. And yes, props on the bridge steepness! Deceptive!