Thursday, September 2, 2010

HHHH splits, awards and nerves

HHHH repeats:
90th to 110th-  13:35 1.3m
It's 0.43 to the top of the hill
1x- 4:05 up, didnt time down
2x- 3:43 up, 4:45 down
3x-3:59 up, 4:26 down
4x- 3:50 up, 5:21 down
5x- 3:44 up, didnt come down
1.23m back- 11:30

That's a workout folks.

Awards:
I need a bit more time for this. But thank you Mrs. Duffy. You made my day, honestly.

Now a confession:
I'm nervous. I feel like I'm not doing enough. I feel like my plan isnt working. I don't feel faster. I feel overwhelemd. I feel tired and cry-y because I really just want to be faster. I feel disheartened because am I really giving it my all. I feel like I've slipped back into the 'making it work' vs. making my life work around the marathon. I just need to get back into it full blown and have a few good runs, perhaps?

Tomorrow I intend on running 18m. Now this is a problem because its supposed to rain. Should I just run inside? I can set my pace a bit more then... that'd be nice. 3 loops of the park in the rain sounds miserable. And, I dont get the feeling that it'll be packed after work the Friday of Labor Day in the rain, thoughts? I can treadmill it and have before (yes, I know) but it's not that bad.

Saturday we're going upstate. I hope I can sneak in a recovery jog or at least a walk. Sunday is an OFF day for me. Maybe some arms and abs. Monday we'll be back in the city. I want to spend at least 90 min in the gym. 45 on legs/arms/abs and 45 min run. Tuesday will be a 'race' with TNT, Wednesday I want to do arms/abs etc and Thursday am I want to do a Yasso workout on the treadmill. We'll see. Maybe I'll settle for yoga. Friday is 12m(yay cut back week) on the treadmill in Vegas. Saturday will be weights (unless its super exp there in which case it's an off day). I fly to Minnesota on Sunday for work Monday so I can gym Sunday night.... probably for free in the hotel there. Monday same thing, hotel gym again.

Sound like a plan? Am I doing enough? Its 4:30 or bust ladies. I need to pick up the pace on my long runs. BIG TIME.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think once you have a couple of good runs you'll feel a lot better. I don't know about picking up your pace on your whole long run, though - sounds like a recipe for injury! Maybe do fast-finish long runs? Then you get the aerobic benefit plus the mental toughness from running fast after already covering miles and miles.

Also, it's going to be soooo much nicer out tomorrow! Good luck!