Friday, September 3, 2010

Hot and Humid 400s

0.86m warmup in 8:37. Amazing how I can run this speed comfortably even in humidity when I'm with this group. I'm starting to really like Urban.

I ran back to the 400's starting point at about the same pace: 2.15

Then we ran 4 400's. hard, just under all out. I started out too fast but ended too weak. I felt it in my lungs more than anything else. But I will not judge myself.

400's:
1:27 (5:48 pace)
1:34 (6:16 pace)
1:36 (6:24 pace)
1:40 (6:40 pace)

I was supposed to run them at 1:50 (7:20 pace) so obviously I have improved even from when I started Urban). I couldve held out and run the last one faster by about 5 seconds but I almost got run over by a biker (surprise surprise) so I took a few extra steps to the side and it broke my stride a bit. It's OK though I am fine with it. I need to be more consistent but that will come. The first one I always struggle with because I have no idea how fast that feels like.I'm still too new to know what each pace feels like. I always struggle there.

I really like Jerry and Danny. I feel as if theyve taken to me a bit. Want me to be better. Danny says I have soul and heart and I leave it on the course. I do a lot of the time. I try to at least. I'm sick of being half there. I want to be there or leave it on the course. Not being exhausted after is not trying hard enough in my mind.

I posted a sort of sappy "I need motivation" status on FB and got a lot of motivation back from friends. This was the one (from my old college roommate) which spoke the most to my heart: "You are an inspiration. I don't know how you do it. I can't run around the block and yet here you go, yet again, chasing after personal bests long after the initial praises for your marathoning have waned. You continue to better yourself and the lives of other people through your fundraising. It's really quite amazing. I'm so proud of you my friend. "

On that note. let's run our long runs and be badass ladies!

2 comments:

Silly Girl Running said...

Badass ladies; I like the sound of that! :)

Anonymous said...

Ha-my workout seemed very similar to yours...I went out too hard on the first one too. And even though I escaped getting hit by a biker this time, it seems like I'm a biker target many other times. And oh boy my lungs were feeling it by the last 100 of each interval. But your times were awesome-great work!!

Also just a word of advice-you may want to run the recoveries slower...mine were all between 2:30 and 2:40. Recoveries can never be too slow-you want to push it when it counts...and yes, leave it on the course! :)