Friday was my scheduled 18-miler.
It was supposed to rain and be icky and be terrible and with Earl on the way I didn't know what to expect. I am not a girl that deals with change or is very flexible. So.... I resigned myself to a treadmill run. To be honest, i do think it helps with mental fitness, it's pretty terrible.
I got to work early Friday and plowed through massive amounts of work before departing at 2:30. I was on the treadmill and ready to start at 3:20. Yes, I moved pretty slowly to get to Equinox.
I had my gels, my huge water, my gatorage and my phone. On the treadmill I went. I broke the run into 3 6-mile segments. The first was tough in terms of getting into a groove, I felt like I was bored and dying to just fall into it. The second half I wanted to run 10:30 pace. That's my goal for the NYCM I think. I just don't think I'll be able to do better, however, i will not set my full goals until closer to the event. We're not done yet, right?!!?
1st 6-miles: 69:44, like I said, just trying to get through it
2nd 6-miles: 63:30, struggled in the last mile to hold the pace, was bored
3rd 6-miles: 66:05, was just happy to be finished.
Conclusion: treadmill runs are awful. Theyre really boring and there was nothing on tv! I usually switch treadmills but this time I just reset every 6-miles. It was interesting to me how many people gravitate to the same treadmills! I guess because the gym was relatively empty you could really gather perspective on the treadmills that were more often used. The good thing about treadmill running is that i drink more and feel less awful at the end. I even stretched my poor legs right after and showered at the gym to put on my compression socks. For whatever reason it was super uncomf to run in them.
I went to bed after visiting Eataly (which had awesome pizza and dessert) and passed out rather early. I woke up extra early Saturday (630ish) and headed home to pack for our trip. We had a great weekend but I forgot my shorts so didnt get in any running. My back has been TERRIBLE lately. Ever since I was sick I've been in uber pain. Very sucky.
Today I worked out at Equinox this am. My yoga teacher Jennifer wasnt in this am so I did weights instead, why waste being late to work on a new teacher (ironically I was late anyway!!). My workout was the following all with12.5 lbs weights in each hand:
(2 sets each)
1 arm chest pull on bench
regular squats w weights on shoulders
chest press
skull crushers
bended back rows
1 armed weight above head lunge
side to side jumps
woodchopper w 4 kg ball w squat
sump squat w pull up
bent over row
tricep dips
mountain climbers (30 each time)
weight ball roll down and up
side plank with raise
plank
I was exhausted! Tonight is Test #2 with TNT. I am doing the beginner course again for time constraint purposes but hope to beat my 9:50 pace from late July. I am not very hopeful but we shall see.
Tonigth I need to pack up my valuables from the apt as its goign to be shown when I'm not there (for ease , because really people, when am I ever home?)
2 comments:
Congrats on your 18-miler - even though it seemed kinda boring. I can't imagine doing that long of a run on the treadmill. ACK! Next time you should bring a DVD or something.
Thanks for reminding me of skull crushers. When I'm in the gym I can never remember any good tricep exercises. Will be doing them next week.
You are tough! I can't even get through 6 on a treadmill. Not constitutionally capable.
Post a Comment