So I've never officially done Yassos but I've read a lot about them and decided to try them as an addition to my workouts if I ever have an 'off' day in terms of not being able to make practice. This week my schedule is a shit show. I am going to Vegas with some girl friends leaving at 6 pm tomorrow so I'll have to leave the office at 3:45 and won't be in on Friday. I have massive amounts of work plus so much extra with the working out, running and the move (and breaking my lease etc). SO MUCH GOING ON.
Anyway. So last night was a 5-k 'race' with TNT. I bombed. 31:00 was my time but that included a bunch of walking. Way to hold the pace Jen. I think I was running 8:30 pace. WHY can't I hold on. I know it was hot, but still! Frustrating.
So yes, this am I decided Yassos were the way to go. Just 4- how hard can it be??? Here is how you do a YASSO 800 workout
I warmed up for 7 min (my tolerance for treadmill warmups is measly) and then did the following:
Yasso 1- 7.1mph, 8:30 pace, 4:15 goal marathon time (WHOOPS)
Yasso 2- 6.7mph, 8:57 pace, 4:28 goal marathon time (alright alright!!)
Yasso 3- 6.7mph, 8:57 pace, 4:28 goal marathon time (alright alright!!)
Yasso 4- 6.7mph, 8:57 pace, 4:28 goal marathon time (alright alright!!)
I made it through all 4 repeats. I suck at math in the am apparently because after I finished the first round and was like 'wow this is goign to be hard' I realized why that was.
Total time was 30:54 which means each break was less than 3 minutes which is too short!!! UGH. Ok something to watch for next time. Oh well. I was running out of time anyway and didnt want to be late to work.
Tomorrow is an off day for me because I have an 8 am meeting and 6 pm flight, it literally doesnt fit!! Friday I intend to run 12 miles on the treadmill and then do abs. Saturday I migth take off, we shall see. Sunday I intend to run 4-5m and Monday as well :) I will be in Minnetonka Monday. Holy travel!
Good luck to all of you on your long runs this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment