We went to Vegas this weekend (Thurs-Sun) to celebrate my good friends 30th birthday. We stayed at the Aria which, to be honest, wasnt that great. I am a huge Vegas fan. It's great for eating, pool lounging, gambling, partying etc. I have stayed at Hard Rock, the Wynn, MGM and the Venetian. All are better than the Aria. It's too high-tech (curtains can only be closed with a switch) and the custover service is lacking. I won't return there for sure. We arrived late Thursday and Friday am I was up way too early and decided to head down to CVS for a snack and then to the gym after paying my $30 gym fee. I ran my 12m run on the treadmill at the Aria and it wasnt too too bad. I watched a terrible USA made for TV movie with Brooke Shields. Very entertaining. Ha! The run itself was uneventful. Long, tiring, mentally boring and I was tired and dehydrated and hadnt eaten dinner, a proper breakfast etc. But c'est la vie. I have the splits somewhere but my blackberry is acting up. I ran between 10:40 and 11:20 depending. It's amazing how different the two speeds feel. I'm trying to get up to running 18m at the 10:30 pace but obviously I needed to work on this earlier on in the season.
Saturday I woke up hungover-ish and made it to the gym for some recovery and some weights. This am I just did 35 min of weights in the Marriott at Minnetonka gym. Laughable at best, but hey at least it was a gym!!!
Last Wednesday I got a massage and it was tough, my hammy/inner thigh has been really tight/unhappy/painful. I dont know how it got this way HOWEVER I finally think its starting to feel better. Today it felt like it 'gave' when I was stretching it. So that's great.
This week on tap:
Tuesday- yoga in the am, running at night (a loop maybe?)
Wednesday- off
Thursday- running with Urban
Friday- weights, recovery 4-6m run
Saturday- yoga and weights
Sunday- 18miler
3 comments:
12 miles on a treadmill. I get bored just thinking about it!
Sounds like a boring run but you gotta love those made-for-tv movies! HA.
OMG not only 12 m on a treadmill but hungover and dehydrated on a treadmill AND you had to pay them $30 for the privilege... mad props to you!
Post a Comment