Yesterday I ran just over 18 miles in Central Park. It was my first run from my new house which was kinda neat. I really liked the convinience. I took off around 7:30 and headed into the park at 90th street going clockwise to hit up Harlem Hill and beyond. I met up with TNT at the 72nd street transverse and turned around to run counterclockwise (ugh back up HH!!!) I had to slow significantly to run at the 11 min pace the group I always run with was running. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, its my newest 'problem': comfort at the 10:15/30 pace for quite a few miles (less than a half marathon though!!!).
We ended up doing 2 full loops of the park and then a lower loop. Should be approximately 4.43+12+1.7. Then I walked home from 72nd street which is another mile and a half or so. I'm not sure why I walked home, in retrospect it was pretty dumb, I didnt drink until I got home, well I did, just not a ton. I did have a bagel at practice after the run though.
I ran with a girl I met, Megan- she was super cool so that was fun.
My head yesterday- oy vey. It was the worst headache I've ever had. Like honestly, the worst. I bought pickles today and before the run tomorrow I am going to drink pickle juice before and after the run whcih apparently is supposed to help. APparently the vinegar used to brine (sp?) the cucumbers really helps with hydration. I don't know whats up with me. I don't know if its too much salt, not enough salt, too much water, not enough water. who the hell knows. Its really frustrating. I don't know what or when this took over my life. Swollen fingers, but not too bad yesterday, headaches... etc. AND I have been drinking water/gatorade/gelling/eating etc. Like I am not NOT drinking enough, if that makes sense.
Overall the run went well. I was tired at the end but hey, I hadnt run long lately AND I think I went out too fast because I was later than I thought. Overall I felt ok. Today my IT band is iffy- its very chicken cutlet-ly if that makes sense. I went for a 2 mile recovery fast walk. I tried to run but honestly it sucked. So then I walked and then I ran a few errands.
My blisters (the remnants/areas of) were ok after the run. theyre slightly sore but theyre OK which is super positive.
Nothing else to report. Ready for another weekend, not a week of work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment