So this am I woke up to my last long run before taper! I was so excited!!! I honestly am just over these long runs- I don't get into the groove until about 1:30 HOURS into the run. It's miserable until then!!! Luckily I really enjoyed the first 8m of the marathon last year so I'll be OK. Anywho I ran in CP even though our initial plan (after having run extensively in the park this season) was to run up the WSH. It was really windy this morning! It was about 48 at the start of my run (730) with winds gusting to 25-30 mph. I wore my Nike wind jacket which really is just so versatile. At the finish it was approx 58 degrees and just as windy!
I ran from the apt to the Mall, did a 6m loop counterclockwise, crossed over at 72nd street and did a 5m loop. From the apt to the Mall its about 2m which when I measured it for the first time it was 2.7m so I'm kinda confused over what I did. I ran for 2 hours and 48 min and felt OK. I was pretty tired by the end.
I spoke to the doctor last night- he thinks I have post nasal drip (I mean its like a cold) and acid reflux (which I'm had issues with in the past).... I have been taking maalox and wow my throat doesnt hurt anymore. I am coughing still after the run which is troublesome. The doc told me to rest, push fluids and told me to not take the zpak. He doesnt think I'm sick enough. So we'll see.
Oh and the post is called pickle juice because I drank some post run. Headache isnt really there (I did take tylenol preemptively) so I say success.
No comments:
Post a Comment