I work in an office in midtown in NYC... conservative finance... blah blah...all I've been thinking of is marathon.
Today I got in the elevator after lunch and held the door for some older guy. He said 'thank you' and asked 'how my day was going'. When I said 'fine', he asked me if our office was quiet today'. I said, 'yeah it is' and he said 'yea its just that time of year' and I said 'oh yeah marathon week' and at the same time he says......................'elections'. Awesome. I felt like such a tool. I have been talking marathon all day to anyone who will listen. I'm less nervous now. Feeling pretty confident. Not sure where that came from.
Tonight was a TNT run. We ran 3.8m in 39:16. Works for me but was too fast again. Was supposed to be 11 min marathon pace. I think that's my largest concern being able to run 11 min miles. Because really that's all I want and I will be happy. So I need to think SLOW JEN SLOW and not RUN JEN RUN :)
Was nice to get some nervous energy out though. Next concern- how in the hell to get downtown and what time I should go at with all the talk that theyre going to be strict this year!!!
1 comment:
LOL
Post a Comment