I don't quite have the energy to post a full race report.
I had a bad race. By M6 I knew it wasnt happening. I almost dropped out at M8 I felt so terrible. I've really struggled this season with salt and electrolytes. I finally started feeling normal by M14 and kept running with a lot of breaks to see my friends, pose for pictures and just make it through.
5:13 something is my official time. I didnt even check because I don't really care.
Yea, I ran another marathon, it feels like a waste.
I really dont know what happened. M1 was purposely so slow, my legs were lead. My 2 was right on pace. M3 and 4 average out. M5 I saw my friends and slowed down. M6 was where I started to not feel well... m7 I couldnt keep it together M8 I sped up because I knew I would see Matt. m9 I almost quit. I felt like I was running through molasses. m10 I walked a bit but finally caught up with some TNT'ers that I knew. m11,12,13,14 was just trying to hold onto a race that wouldnt be a complete mess. I saw my mom before I walked up the Qboro (m15,16). M17 I stopped to talk to Ali and Kelly, in retrospect not my best idea. M18 I saw Matt. M19 I stopped to pick up Nicole. I felt like we were flying when we obv we not. M20 was the Bronx, we walked up the Willis Ave bright. m21 I went to the bathroom, m22 started the hill, m23 I just was slow. M24 I was trying, m25 and m26 I didnt want Jared to pass me. What a day.
The splits:
1-12:37
2-11:01
3-11:47
4-10:21
5-12:03
6-11:33
7-11:50
8-10:39
9-11:50
10-11:46
11-11:29
12-11:40
13-11:50
14-11:45
15-13:18
16-12:20
17-13:04
18-12:01
19-12:15
20-12:24
21-13:15
22-13:15
23-11:54
24-12:23
25-11:19
26- 11:15
0.2- 2:19
5 comments:
Sorry to hear you had a rough day. You got it done though, despite the adversity, and you really should be proud of that. There will be better days. Hang in there...
Plus one! Sorry you had a rough race. But hey- you beat Jared the subway guy, Al Roker, the miner, Robin Quivers... oh, and you finished, unlike Haile, the greatest marathoner ever! You're a rock star!
Hey Jen, so sorry to hear you had a tough race and surely there are no words that can make it all ok right now, but I for one am proud and inspired by you. Your mental toughness got you to the finish line, and in the future, it will take you to your PR. *hugs*
Oh no so sorry to hear that.
thanks guys. it was tough. it really was. i'm trying to see the positives but not giving up was the first step. i don't think i couldve ever looked back at a DNF on this course... it wouldve haunted me.
for now, a break from marathoning. more to come in the next few days.
Post a Comment