I didn't leave the office until about 8 pm on Friday. Scrapped the workout and we had pizza and wine. Saturday I went to vinyasa yoga and yesterday i skipped the 10k and instead went and did 25 min of cardio and 15 min of weights. I'm not sure why I skipped the run save to say I was tired and wanted to sleep in. The race was at 8 am which is early for winter. I like the 10 am starts, i can't lie!
Whats missing? Oh!!! Running. Yes, well running and I, idk. I didn't make it out this wkd. We were busy Sat during the entire day at a family event and didn't get home until 11 pm. I couldve done the 10k Sunday (Joe Kleinerman- even picked up the shirt) but somehow I preferred to sleep in.
Last week I was dying to run. This weekend I couldn't motivate- whats wrong here?!
I am in a slump for sure. Although you'd think the 15k in 2 weekends or the half in January would be motivating me. Nope!! I'm struggling with running the 15k. It's my 9th race and I already volunteered back in February. I don't want to qualify for NYC. I am afraid I'll register and I do want to stick to my guns and give myself a year off of training. I really do want to get faster. I really do. I am afraid if I train for the 15k (train being an objective word here) I will get suckered into it. The benefits of running the 15k? 1) fitness, 2) the ability to have a base time and compare not only next year but in March at the colon cancer 15k. I thought that made sense?
Thoughts?
This week (a preview):
Tonight: double yoga- hatha flow and slow flow
Tues: Spin- already signed up
Wed: yoga- vinyasa
Thurs- run- mid day?
Friday- am weights
Sat- am run
Sun- gloriously off.
2 comments:
Double yoga? I'm sore just thinking about it...
See not lurking...
I completely understand about being afraid that if you qualify, you'll register. After being injured pretty much all year with different things, I finally said enough with the long distance! (For now, anyway). But like you, my 9th race crept up on me and I'm really thinking about registering for next year, even though it's neither advisable nor particularly feasible. Whatever. It's an addiction. We need NYCM anonymous!
Post a Comment