I made it to spin class tonight. I know the consoles they have arent always the most reliable but I havent been so drenched or so exhausted in a while. Even after a long run I don't feel this way. I actually sat down in the lounge (gotta love Equinox) and answered emails for 15 minutes post class. Bright red tomato faced too!!
Anyway the console said I burned 675 calories and rode about 19 miles. My wattage (apparently) was around 350 at certain times and over 200 for most of the class.
I am on a quest to lose a bit of weight. My old BMR was 2k a day. So figure with the spin class I exert about 2500 calories a day. I consumed about 2100 so 500 is my magic number. A pound a week in theory.
A partner at our firm asked me to go on a run tomorrow. I am zero percent interested in running (unclear why) HOWEVER this is a great opportunity to chat and get face time with a senior person. We went for one solidarity run pre marathon and it was really great to a) spend time with her and b) get face time and c) speak openly. Apparently she's never really run with anyone before and never asked anyone to run with her so its a 'big' deal. So, if she wants to run, I will run. She runs the marathon slower than I do, but manages a 10-1030 pace when we're doing our runs. I have no goals and really, I am scared of it being too cold. I havent really adjusted to the massive change in temperature yet, but I have the gear and it probably will do me some good to get out there again. I am a little stressed but she's pretty cool in terms of taking water breaks etc so that'll be good.
So that's tomorrow's workout. A 3-5m run in the park. I havent been in ages! Almost a month!! WOW! Thats the longest I havent run since the Fall of 2008. Perhaps it's a needed break. I'm not sure. Thursday I hope I make it to do some weights, unclear what class or if I'll make up a routine. I'm def lacking in motivation. Friday will be whatever I don't do Thursday- or, if it goes well, a run on the treadmill in the am. Sat and Sun I'm going to have to be off. We have such a jam packed weekend!
Happy almost hump day!
No comments:
Post a Comment