I wonder how I was so motivated during my first half marathon. Perhaps the thrill of it? Perhaps I was just bored and had nothing else to do? Perhaps it was the summer?
I am so not motivated to run it's almost comical.
I'm at my heaviest weight, I hate the winter, I don't have any urge to run WHATSOEVER.
The MORE half is April 3rd. I am ridiculous amounts behind and I know when that happens all you need to do it stick to a schedule and GO, but I'm finding that to be oh so dificult with an increasingly challenging work schedule and a very demanding life in general. I have my plan for the week in terms of running- I will run tonight, I will run Friday, I will run Sunday, but its somewhat dificult to be able to lay that all out. I feel as if I am struggling and it's unclear why I am struggling. Perhaps having a blog and being more accountable will help if I start really writing again. Perhaps just sticking to the schedule (which I have btw and it's not that aggresive, given that I have that base we all need- it might not be a super active base but I have the lung capactiy and general aerobic capacity- that's for sure. I could go out and run 6m right now which I feel is 'good enough' I think inherently my problem is I really dislike winter. I do not handle lack of sunshine well and when you couple it with the insane stress at work and longer hours, its a cluster-F.
How do I motivate myself again?
Let's try accountability. Hold me to it. Yell at me (but be nice when it doesnt work for real reasons!) and the like, come on! I'm begging you!!
sunday- (past-idc I'm writing about it) Kettlehell
Monday- skip. It wasnt a rest day. It was a legit skip/rearrange, happens, right?
Tuesday- run 4m
Wednesday- Weights if I can wake up, otherwise rest day
Thursday- Spin in the am (would have to be 615 spin so perhaps I am kidding myself)
Friday- run in the pm- 3-4m (will be running with someone faster- so will be like a tempo run)
Saturday- yoga and weights
Sunday- run- 5-6m depending on weather
Monday- something and spa day. YUM
1 comment:
Want to try to plan to meet up at some point to run the river path headed north? I could certainly use some accountability, too. If it might help, you can email me at nemtynakht at gmail dot com.
Post a Comment