Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Not following my baseline

So, if you've been reading my blog for a while, or if you know me, you'll know I'm quite finnicky about what I eat. I believe in being healthy but also enjoying life. I love large dinners and wine but also eat mostly vegan on a day to day basis...  I enjoy raw restaurants, will pick fresh fruit as a snack 9 times our of 10 and really do like how I feel when I'm exercising. I don't like chemicals or hormones in my food and make real attempts to avoid this. I've read all the crazy healthy people books like Fast Food Nation, In defense of food, and some crazier ones like the China Study.

At the same time I have been known to eat a sleeve of Oreos (honestly not since I had swine flu in Feb 2010) and overeat so much my stomach is distended.

I also, do not believe in fasting, "dieting" or restricted calories in a danger level. Before a month ago, I wouldve told you, I don't believe in cleanses.

Now, I've read a lot online, I've heard Dr. Oz preach and I've also read about all the fanatics. I believe that to truly cleanse, the body does a decent job. If you want to reset your metabolism (if you will) or just 'start fresh' I do think limited diets can be helpful. However, once when I was not as skilled/knowledgeable as I am now, I did Master Cleanse and almost passed out day #1.

Ironically, I am currently doing Blue Print Cleanse for 3 days with a co worker. I got the idea from my boyfriend who used it to jumpstart healthy eating before starting a diligent workout plan... and he was pretty solid while doing it. He wasnt sick or tired and he didnt feel weak or out of it.

We are doing the excavation cleanse which is the most stringent. Its 900 calories, as such, I'm adding in an avocado, a cucumber and a sweet potato (the avocado is on the cheat sheet) to make sure I'm closer to 1200. Apparently day #1 is tough, day #2 is awesome. If I don't feel OK tomorrow, I won't continue. I also want to do yoga tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

I need a schedule for working out so here goes:
Monday- 1 hr w the trainer
Tuesday- OFF
Wednesday- yoga for 1 hr
Thursday- 3m run, 1 hour with trainer
Friday- 4m run
Saturday- yoga
Sunday- 60 min spin

Not the best plan but not the worst. I liked the break off running. It's nice to skip a week every now and then!

1 comment:

T said...

I'm very, very jealous - I've wanted to try a blueprint cleanse! (I haven't in part because I'm intimidated by the cost, even as I've spent more money on stupider things... but mostly because I have to avoid, completely, leafy green vegetables.)