We did a warm up from the store to the baseball fields and around. Approx 1.7m for me since I cut through to pee at the maintenance bldg. Approx 16 min too so my warmups are ironically faster than my 10k pace. Now, I should preface it by saying my real race paces are long overdue for some racing updates. I haven't raced since last years NYC half where I cried and didnt run for a week after (chk the entry out. I can't even link it- bad karma) My 1000s splits were supposed to be at 4:50 pace. Uhm yeah
repeat #1: 5:09
repeat #2: 4:43 (this one was HARD)
repeat #3: 4:51 (took a 10 second walk break, couldnt catch my breathe)
repeat #4: 5:10 (felt like my lungs were not expanding past 35% capacity, felt like i had swine flu all over again)
Appanrely dehydration can manifest itself in tight chest when you're running hard. Uhm yeah. That would be yesterday for sure. Oh well. I will focus on the 4:43 and 4:50 and the fact that I did the 4th round even when I didnt want to.
the cool down was 0.7m and took just under 6:20. 9:10 pace. REALLY JEN? You can't push 9:10 pace in a 4m race but you can after a V02 workout? Obviously there is a huge disconnect between what I think is effort and what my effort really is.
I then went to the store and bought these:
A-freaking-mazing. I didn't even want to take them off when I got home. How am I only discovering these now? My shin splints today are 100% gone. How is that even possible?
I went to the gym this am and did 35 min of weights- arms and abs. I must say my arms are coming around nicely. My stomach- meh. I need more work. I need more non crunch ab workouts. If you have some, please comment away!!!! (I can't do crunches bc since my spine is fused they just arent effective-promise!)
I am NERVOUS for Sunday. NERVOUS. I think I should be able to run around a 10 min pace. My last half which was last year was a shitty 2:26:08 or 11:09 pace. I mean, really? That's my marathon post-bronchitis pace. I know it was really hot that day, but still. My last Bronx half (also a crap race) was 2:27:12, 11:20 pace. I don't have much to beat huh?
My 1/2 marathon PR was my very first, Gretes Gallop. It was a great race. 2:20:18 and a 10:42 pace.
My real goal guys? 2:15 this weekend. 10:20 pace. I hope I can push it.
3 comments:
Don't be nervous! You are gonna rock it!
Your half marathon times are eerily similar to mine (as are your marathon times, for that matter)... except that I'm not sure I'm any faster these days!
Can you do boat pose, from yoga? (Asked by a girl with NO core strength...)
Bronx Half = rocks
Planks, both traditional and side, are awesome, especially when repeated at 30 seconds each multiple times. PT approved.
Post a Comment