Monday, October 4, 2010

MOving and other non running things

So I moved. Well really we moved. I love the new place. I feel like I've lived here for years but in a fresh way, if that makes any sense at all. I feel grounded and at home which I haven't felt in years. I love it.

Everything is unpacked and organized. Yes, everything. And yes, we moved Friday afternoon (well am, but by the time the movers and us drove through the torrential rain, it was pm. I slept 5 hours Thursday, 6 Friday, 4 interrupted Sat and finally, 7 last night. I feel OK today but it was so dusty my allergies were insanely acting up and I slept wrong? Saturday night and had a stiff/hurt neck yesterday. Needless to say. I didn't do a long run.

I know its bad. I do! I actually wanted to run,. I'm so close to Riverside Park AND CP now, it's like a treat, but yet I didn't run. I wanted to run today but had a call at 6:30 (ironically hasn't started yet and its 7:40) and it's icky rainy out. I don't want to run in the dark either so we'll have to see. I'm a scaredy cat yet.

So yea, its a problem in terms of long runs. I'm trying to not focus on it. It is what it is. This upcoming weekend I still intend to run 18 on Saturday and I'm sure I'll be fine. 3 weeks ago (on Sat) I ran 18m I am sure now, well rested, I will be able to reproduce that outcome. I'm going to concentrate on efficient workouts and making it happen and I know I'll be fine. I'm not going to have the best marathon, I know that. But I'm not going to have my worst either (let's hope!!!)

This week's schedule is largely dependent on the doctors appt I have today. I have an invasive, non surgical thing where you're not supposed to work out, but like, they can't really explain to me WHY I can't so I just don't buy into it. I am used to working out, like honestly, my body doesn't understand NOT working out more than it would freak out AT a workout.

I am disappointed, but honestly, I'm so happy with the apt and living with the man I love, that I don't frankly care about missing my run. Happens.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Congrats on the move and it really sounds like you're super happy. And that's what life is all about, ultimately! :)