Thursday, October 7, 2010

the wall

I've hit the wall of marathon training.

I'm disinterested, I'm feeling under the weather, I'm over it. I'm starting to feel flabby from missed runs and I'm struggling to discern if I'm missing them for good reasons (aka sick and best to stay healthy) or crap ones (not in the mood).

I know this is in my head. No I havent had the best season, but I certainly haven't had the worst either. I've run 18-miles multiple times and will conquer that distance again this weekend. Ok, so I've skipped some workouts, but it wasnt to sit on my butt, it was to move and unpack and never sit still. It's OK to rest sometimes, right?

I always have been intimidated with other people's mileage. I never run more than 3-4x a week. I do, howerver, XT like a fiend. My body needs more recovery time so I don't have a choice really.

Anyway, phew, even feel better post vent. I will be running 2-3 lower loops today so we shall see how I feel afterwards. I am still on Mucinex and still coughing but nothing too nasty.

No comments: