Friday, March 18, 2011

Working out is hard to do

It really is hard to find the time to work, work out, be normal, run errands, do laundry etc. I have moaned about this before, but since I've been working a ton lately (let's repeat: A TON) its been harder and harder. PLUS I have reached a tipping point. Once I am consistently working 12+ hour days, I eat substantially more. I use breaks for eating. So now, when I'm tired and my body needs a break, it requests a snack, and me, in my zombie world, allows this. I realized this past Sunday (when I hadnt eaten in 6 hours, had walked all around town and wasnt hungry) that I am perpetually feeding the monster that is boredom/I need a break.

I intend to more conscientious of this new problem. I have gained about 7 lbs since October which is really when I started working a ton. Jan through now has been especially bad and I have had issues trying to lose a single pound.

I should also note that today I ate a glorious bagel. I do intend to run 11m tonight so I thought the 'treat' was appropriate esp given my dinner was grilled veggies. Lunch will be a salad and that will be that. My intention is to leave the office around 5 and head out for a run. I really prefer to run Friday nights (over Saturdays) for a multitude of reasons as follows:
1) You can enjoy the entire weekend if you finish your long runs Fridays
2) I can have wine at dinner Friday
3) Sleepign in Saturday is encouraged, not a problem
4) I sleep better Friday nights!
5) Did I mention, I will have the whole weekend? YIPEEEEEE

Now, just need to get out the door at 5. We have dinner resys at 8:30 so I will have to leave from the office so I brough clothes to change in- luckily we have towels and a shower in the office- as a last resort I would do Equinox too- nice showers.

I am running the MORE half in 2 weeks (as I've blabbed on and on about). In the beginner Hal Hidgeon (I think I'm def not a beginner) the longest run is 10m. In the intermediate plan, you run 12m 1x and 11m 1x, 10m 1x and 9m 1x. I have run 6m then 7.75, then almost 10, then 10.5... hmmm what to run tonight? I am looking to finish not puking, not to have this amazing race....

1 comment:

rUntoNamAste said...

What is it with this winter weight? Why won't it go away? ugh!!! I'm having the same problem but I've ramped up my workouts and can run again so hopefully -fingers and toes crossed - the scale tips in a favorable direction soon. I think you'll definitely see some results soon from your 1/2 training. Good luck :)