Monday, January 26, 2009

my second half




I wrote an entire entry and it was erased. Bastards.

Ok so this weekend was my second half. Objectively I didn't do wonderfully but when you know the details you might be proud just like me.

a) it was 14 out at the start. At the finish it was a balmy 18. Really? Had you told me 2 months ago that I'd be running for HOURS in those temperatures I would have staunchly said "No I'm not". Now I am just lacing out and dealing (well I mean i DID complain- but come on! It was cooooooooooold! People had frozen ponytails and the water was completely frozen and had to be slammed against the tables so you could chew on ice!!!)
b) I ran the last 2 miles at a 'fast' pace for me. The last mile was a 9:22 and the 0.1 was a 54 second pace... I ran the race in 2:26:17 and had run the Oct 3rd 2008 half in 2:20:17 which had been my cutoff time. I did stop to pee soooo 5 extra minutes to account for freezing temps is A OK with me
c) I am doing this, I am running, I feel good, I ran strong and well.
d) I passed a TON of people on Lap 2. Starting from Harlem Hill (and ending on E7nd transverse) I passed a TON of people. In fact I don't think anyone passed me. I felt elated as I came up HH the second time.... Like free! I loved that feeling and was singing GIVE ME GIVE ME MOREEEEEEEEEEE by Ms. Spears!
e) my body felt good. great even, tight calves but I was so cold I didn't stretch too much (yikes!)
f) I'm excited about running again... I had fallen off that wagon!!

Coming up:
Tuesday- hill training, Thursday- long run in the park with Nic, Sat- 5 mile slow run, Sun- 4 mile race. Feb 8th- Bronx half.


wk 1.5 19.07
wk 1.12 21.5
wk 1.17 23
TOTAL 151.79

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. There is nothing better than passing a bunch of people in the 2nd half of a long race.

Anonymous said...

u go girl!