Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cincinnati- the city of seven hills??

We went to Cincinnati Friday night for a wedding weekend. Sorry if there are readers from Cinci, but its a pretty uneventful city as far as touristing goes. The wedding was perfectly nice and we had a great time, but we were bored during the day downtown.

I ran with TNT on Saturday am. It was preplanned and I was not, as I never am, looking forward to a long run. We arrived at about midnight and I wasnt asleep until about 1 am. I woke up at 6 and met the team at 645 am at the Montgomery Inn Boathouse in downtown along the river.

We ran 12.25miles which I was really really proud of. REALLY proud of. It is mega freaking hilly in Cinci! I had no idea! I assumed it would be flat because of Indiana I guess.

I ran with Coach Melanie who was awesome, we would be friends if we lived closer together. She was just cool. I ran with another girl who was a mentor and another girl who was also very nice. I really enjoyed my run and was really just proud. It was the hilliest long run I've been on in a while. To be honest, I was tired at the end based on all of the hills and the lack of sleep but I was glad I got the 12 m in.


I don't know if this link will work but this was the run I mapped
http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=3024B9F6-90C9-E707-CC1732575767E29D&success=1

according to walkjogrun the altitude ran up from 0ft to 800 ft. told you there were hills (thats hilly right??)

Time was about 2:15 which I was OK with considering we walked quite a bit at the end, we all didnt want to climb those hills. With that being said our pace was probably at least 10:30. I blew my ear out for the middle part of the run which sucked.

What I liked most about the run was not knowing where I was going, listening to completely new stories, having completely new scenery AND I loved that they had preplaced water stops on their out and backs. They all ran free! What a concept! Sometimes I feel so weighed down with my water pack/fuel belt etc. It was really cool.

I was back at the hotel by 1015 and showered etc and we 'explored' the city. Not a ton to see although we did explore the Underground Railroad museum which was upsetting but very interesting. I took a long nap before the wedding though! I have to admit my no coconut water, no food immediately after, def gave me a dehydration headache even with a mid pm gatorade break! I didnt drink barely at all at the wedding (2 glasses of wine) so I was feeling awesome Sunday (today). We actually caught an earlier flight (and were upgraded, don't ask, but always is helpful to be nice!!) and I made it to the gym for 20 min of recovery on the new elliptical machine and then 20 min of back/abs. Tomorrow I dont think I'll spin, I think I will just do elliptical/stairs. We shall see, Tuesday is more hills! Bring it!! I am feeling strong!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Why don't you want to drink right after? Its good to rehydrate yourself right after a long run.
That kind of sucks that Cincinnati is not the best town...I am moving there with my boyfriend next year. Oh well! Glad you had a good trip