I had been told that the race course is notoriously crowded and that it was for the first mile at least. I had in the back of my head that I wanted to PR and that it wouldnt be too difiicult given that I've only run 2 5m races previously as follows:
-Fathers Day 5m- 52:48 and I pushed a bit
-Hope and Possibility 5m- 55:48 that's more of my normal pace
Both races were this summer, 6/20/10 and 6/27/10 so the weather was much much different than today which was sunny and 54 degrees.
Regardless, I was psyched with my final time. 49:01. YAAAAHOOOOOO!!!! A PR by 3 min 47 seconds unofficially. The course was a clockwise loops starting right before the NYCM finish line.
Spilits:
10:30
9:57
9:53
9:29
9:11
When I started and saw 10:30 given the west side hills I figured 'Hey! Maybe I'll break the 52:48 I set in the summer, that would be nice'... When I hit the second split right by the 102 transverse I was like, Huh sounds great. I did mess up the splits a bit so m1 and m2 were more like 10:23 and 10:04 but whatever. I decided then I wanted to pick it up a bit and saw the 9:53 for m3 and decided that I wanted to break 50 min. 49:01 is a dream!!! I think my ultimate 5m goal is going to be 45min but we'll get there with training etc. 2011 is the year of training runs. I am going to set 4m, 5m 10k goals and we'll hopefully get to 9 min pace for the 10k, 8:45 pace for the 5m and 8:30 pace for the 4m.
YAY SUNDAY! Here I come NYCM!
2 comments:
GOODLUCK!!!
SO exciting! rock it and run! :)
xoxo!
Nice work!
Post a Comment