So, while I've been working out quite a bit lately, its been spin and yoga for the most part. My first run since Nov 14th was yesterday and was between 3 and 4 miles.
Should I even attempt the 15k next weekend?
This will also be my 9th race. I have volunteered so the caveat is that it will qualify for NYCM. WHich is good, but bad. I am pretty sure I can't do that to myself for a few years. I suppose my thought process is- do I qualify and defer and plan for 2012???
THOUGHTS?
3 comments:
I think you can do the race with no problems, but whether you'll be happy with your time or not is another thing. Sounds like the bigger question is of course the NYCM one. Qualify this year, defer, and feel no pressure to qualify next year? Qualify this year, risk getting swept up in marathon fever next year? Or don't qualify this year? Tricky, tricky...
As for running along the riverfront path (I left this on my blog in response to your comment):
During daylight hours I feel absolutely perfectly safe along my route, which is 145th-GWB. I've also run up above that and not felt at all in danger, and I sometimes go down from 145th to the UWS and also don't have any concerns. If you'd ever like to plan a slow run up this way, I'm happy to meet up with you so you can experience it first with someone else before deciding how safe you feel running up here by yourself.
I think you should run it but don't put yourself out too much or try and shoot for a PR or anything rash like that. That way you still have several months to decide what you want to do (I think we pay in March, right?) and the whole thing doesn't come down to whether or not you completed a 15k.
Fingers crossed for a blizzard induced fun run! Then you won't have to show at all and still qualify... win/win!
Nice progress! You run next weekend, I'll run next weekend. Either way, keep up the awesome schedule.
Post a Comment