Friday, March 25, 2011

Freaky Friday

I love Fridays. Always have, always will (I hope). I love Fridays more than Saturdays and definitely more than Sundays. Sundays are impending gloom, Saturdays you are rushing through everything that needs to get done so you can enjoy the weekend. Fridays are all about hope and anticipation. I love it. I particularly love not having to run on Saturday mornings. I love winter running if not only because it affords me the luxury of not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get my miles in before the sun rears its hot little head. I am running the Colon Cancer 15k this Sunday. I have never run a 15k so I will PR. That's a nice thought as I sure as hell know that it will be no sort of PR. I have not worked on speed. I have not worked on anything really, except getting myself back up to running up to 10m without feeling shitty. I suppose that's some sort of positive outcome. The More half marathon is next Sunday. Unclear how that snuck up on me, but it did. I wanted to PR this half. At the very least I wanted to PR on the course which I believe to be the same as the Manhattan half in 2009. It was 13-18 degrees that day and it was so freaking cold out!!! I doubt I will PR. Ce'st la vie.

I ran 2.75m at the gym today at 9:40-10:40 pace. I also did kettlebells for 30 min.

I'm at 210 minutes of working out for the week. Clearly Sunday will be another 100 at least... YAY for reachign my time goal!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a fun distance... longer than a 10k but not really wearing you down by the end like a half. Happy new PR!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Sunday. Enjoy that PR!