Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Well I was meant to run....

I had 4m worth of hills on the calendar this am. When my alarm went off at 6:01 am I seriously groaned. As in super unhappy to be awake kind of groan.

I was super sleepy, super tired, kinda lethargic, so I settled on a solid 40 min on the elliptical (by the time I got to the gym it was 6:20 yikes!). I did 30 min with my trainer which was a solid workout. I was impressed. I did suitcase squats (think squats, but as if you have two briefcases (weights) on your sides, that you're picking up between squats (although you dont put the weights down in between)) with 25 lb kettlebells in each hand. I was very impressed I was able to do that. Right? 50 lbs is a lot for a girl? If I was doing it myself, I certainly wouldve been using 12 lb weights, MAX.

So, that's that. So far I have worked out 145 min this week, nearly 1/2 of my 300 min weekly goal. Because I know the 15k will take around 100 minutes this weekend, I have 55 left to meet my goal. I hope Saturday I can head to yoga and I intend to work out both Thursday and Friday (hey, on the biggest loser they get no breaks!!!) Bad idea? Maybe Friday I will sleep in. Who knows.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hmmm. I've never thought of setting a time goal for workouts each week. Cool idea. I guess what matters most is to be active, not necessarily what activity you're doing!